Saturday, March 19, 2011

Friday night scrap night with my girls

Another successful scrap night has come and gone, sad that the evening goes so fast. We had a little wine and some tasty eats to go along with some personal challenges. Ive been doing some reading lately and I read a article from creative keepsakes that talks about how we always use the latest and greatest and tend to forget about those half used items or those great buys that we bought multiples of and now they are stuck in a drawer or bag. I gave instructions with the invitation to bring 3 pictures and 3 pieces of paper of their choice. I then provide an array of items that I had cleaned out from my drawers and bags and they got to pick 2 of their choice. They were then given the instructions to make a layout using only the items they brought and the 2 embellishments that they had picked in 30 mins. They did have use of all the tools that I own to help in the creations. Those girls got to work and all you could hear was paper flying. 
Here are the challenge creations
DesireeMeghanMindyPattyTerry

 Now what can we do the next get together, I better get out the magazines and start reading.
Thanks for stopping by
Smiles
Mindy

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to use up some of those forgotten treasures! TFS the idea!

    ReplyDelete